July 20, 2006

A Milestone of Fatherhood

I work at night, often from before dinner to after bedtime. I make sure everything is ready before I leave: dinner has been prepared and is either simmering in a crockpot or wants only a quick minute in the microwave at mealtime. Often, I will even give Angie a bath before I go, so that she is clean when bedtime rolls around. But the last two or three days were particularly hectic for me, and I didn't manage to get Angie bathed before the clock-hands were pushing me out the door. On Monday night, I came home at 8:30 to find the bathroom in chaos: bath toys scattered about; towels and dirty clothes on the floor; the curtain slung over the bar from which it hangs to keep it out of reach. My husband, after 14 months, administered his first baby bath! I was so proud of him. . .

No comments: