February 28, 2013

Why I Love My Kindle

I got a Kindle for Christmas from my husband.  Using his usual strategy for purchasing electronics that he doesn't really understand, he bought the one in the middle, you know, not the cheapest, but not the most expensive.  It's actually a reasonably good strategy ;).  Anyhow, I've been using it for a couple of months now and I love it.

It's the paperwhite display model, which means that it glows in the dark so that I can read in bed, with the lights off, while my husband slumbers next to me in total oblivion to my late night reading habits.  The light can be adjusted so that it is barely a nuisance in a really dark room.

I also love that I'm getting to read some classics that I've never taken the time to sit down and read.  Why?  Because most of them are free!  After all, when your Kindle holds 1100 books, you can't seriously buy all of them.  Who has that kind of money?  So I'm being thrifty and finding the free ones and those that cost only a buck or two.

Additionally, you can download games designed just for the kindle.  I've downloaded several, and the kids love to play them. 

It can also handle children's books, and it's kind of cool to be able to take picture books with us on the go, though we've only done it once.  Those books are still a bit pricey!

But I love my Kindle!

No comments: