February 25, 2013

It Just Keeps Coming...

It started with Miguel.  It was just a little annoying cough on Tuesday night.  He thought tea with honey would do the trick.  The next day he was feeling washed out.  When he came home from work, he went straight to sleep.  Then he napped on the sofa, the kids entertained by TV and duplo/lego blocks, while I went to work.  I came home to feed the kids, went back to work, then came home to put them to bed.  He stayed home from work the next day, sleeping most of it away.  And then Maddie became feverish and lethargic.  Angie and I played while Maddie and Miguel rested.  I cancelled all of my appointments for that evening; then Angie caught the fever.  I spent the night nursing three sick people, administering Tylenol and Motrin as needed and supplying plenty of ice water.  Friday saw Miguel recovering, but both children spent the day napping and listening to stories.  On Friday night, I felt it coming on.  At midnight I had my first sense of something wrong.  By Saturday morning, I was out for the count.  Miguel had luckily procured a prescription for Tamiflu, which he filled for me.  I began taking it right away and recovered much more quickly than everyone else.  Angie's fever lingered until the following week.  We continued to avoid friends and relatives for another week.  And just as we thought we were all well recovered, Angie came down with an ear infection.  At least that one wasn't contagious, but we did have to cancel a play date.  Now that her ear is feeling better, Maddie's vomiting.  She woke up this morning saying her belly hurt.  After using the bathroom with no relief, she vomited. Three times.  Then she felt better.  She's napping now and hopefully that is the end of it.  We sure could use a break around here!

No comments: