October 25, 2006

Fast Food

I stopped at Burger King last night, in between tutoring and teaching college, for a "quick" bite to eat. A fish sandwich, fries and a chocolate milk shake. Guess how long it took. Nope, 30 minutes just to take my order and another 10 to get it into my hands. But that's not the worst part. The Burger King I stopped at is literally 2 minutes from my house where a warm and delicious dinner I had prepared prior to leaving for tutoring was quietly being consumed by my daughter and husband. I know, I should have stepped out of line and gone home, but I was hoping to get to college early to finish some grading (which can never be done at home while Angie is awake), and I have a bit of a stubborn streak. But that's not even the worst part. The worst part was that the whole meal, excepting the milk shake, was so salty I couldn't even taste the fish or the tartar sauce on the sandwich. How do people do this on a regular basis? I haven't eaten in a fast food place for about a year. I hope not to have to do it again for twice as long.

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Next time . . . Skip the yucky fattening "fast" food and go home! lol