July 27, 2006

Flowers

I just planted flowers in the strip of dirt Miguel created months ago along the edge of our driveway. This late in the season, I managed to pick up quite a few impatiens (6 pots each with 4 plants) and snap dragons (two pots each with 8 to 10 plants) at Walmart, along with two pots of some leafy plant with soft fuzzy purple blooms, for about $30. Although they don't fill the area completely, they look lovely and will fill in, I imagine, with water and fertilizer. I don't think the Walmart employees are actually taking care of the plants at this point, so they don't look so healthy, but I picked the best one's they had and I think they'll do alright. I'm glad I finally did it. Flowers are so cheerful. (And our balding yard needs all the help it can get to look pretty!)

No comments: