December 12, 2006

While She Was Sleeping...

I began wrapping presents this morning before Angie's naptime, stacking the wrapped packages atop the dining room table where she couldn't reach them. After putting her down for her nap, I continued wrapping until I ran out of paper. With nothing left to do, I tucked the presents around the tree, mostly in the back so she can't reach them easily. It took a while after she woke and came downstairs, but she spotted them. While crawling towards me making monster sounds, she caught site of the packages under the tree. "Oooooooooh!" she exclaimed and dropped flat on her belly to admire the scene. Then, slowly, so as not to draw to much attention, she began sliding forward, reaching for a gift. I wonder what she would have done if I hadn't stopped her!

No comments: