October 23, 2006

Fast Asleep

Miguel likes to have Angie in bed with us in the early morning hours before he has to get up and go to work; it makes him feel more connected to her. Since she usually wakes up about that time for some love anyway, it usually works out for the best. It was with some surprise, though, that I saw him carrying her to bed this morning at 5:30, since I'd never heard her make any noise. After snuggling down with her, I fell back asleep, and didn't even notice when Miguel got out of bed at 6:30 to go to work. But at 7:30, I happened to awaken just enough to see Angie's leg dangling off the side of the bed. Startled, I scooped her over to my side of the bed and kept my arm around her protectively until she awoke at 8:30. I'll have to make sure Miguel let's me know when he's getting out of bed from now on. A little further and she'd have been on the floor crying...

No comments: